All New DIABETES UPDATE 2017, Nutrition intervention strategies, prevention and treatment guidelines, algorithms and medications
All New DIABETES UPDATE 2017
With Constance Brown-Riggs MS Ed, RD, CDE, CDN
And Marlisa Brown MS, RD, CDE, CDN
Diabetes has reached epidemic proportions and understanding intervention and prevention strategies are key to optimizing patient outcomes. Nutrition intervention strategies, prevention and treatment guidelines, algorithms and medications, are changing constantly. Recently the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a new class of medications called sodium glucose limiting co-transporter 2 inhibitors (SGLT2) that target the kidney as a means of glycemic control. And in the last 3 years, 4 new medications – including an injectable, where approved for the management of obesity in people with type 2 diabetes.
Attend this seminar and increase your understanding of the latest evidence-based nutrition interventions and treatment guidelines. You’ll leave with strategies to optimize patient outcomes and practical tips you can use to educate and empower your patients.
- Uncommon types of Diabetes
- Diabetes Diagnostic Criteria
- Acute and Chronic Complications
- New Medications and Treatment Alogorithms
- MNT Intervention Strategies
- Lifestyle Intervention Strategies
- Behavior Change
- And More
At the end of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Discuss the mechanism of action, indication, efficacy, safety, adverse reactions and contraindications of SGLT2 inhibitors, and anti-obesity drugs.
- Advise patients on the most appropriate anti-diabetes and weight loss pharmacotherapy according to their individual lifestyles, adherence problem and diet.
- Utilize decision aids to improve patient outcomes.
- Advise patients on meal planning strategies related to anti-diabetes medications.